-->

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

1870s Bars Doll Quilt

Here is a little quilt that I am working on from  Childhood Treasures by Merikay Waldvogel.  It has lots and lots of doll quilts from the collection of Mary Ghormley.  It is a great book to own.  There are many quilts in it that I would like to make for my collection.    



The quilt has 19 bars.  I cut out the strips to make the quilt a few days ago.  I had been setting aside fabrics that had a similar look.  I am thinking that the four dark bars are not quite right.  I didn't really notice until I saw them in this photograph.  Anyway, I am stitching it by hand like the one in the book.  I have seven bars together already.  The others are just sitting in order waiting to be added.  This is another handwork project that I stitch in the evening.  Hmmm, now I am really thinking of looking for a different fabric in my stash.  Let me see what I can come up with.

Happy stitching,

Bobbie

1 comment:

  1. Thats a great little quilt. Your strips are looking a lot like the old one.

    ReplyDelete