-->

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Orange Peel Quilt




I have been working for the last few weeks on a quilt from Kathleen Tracy's book Remembering Adelia.  I like handwork because I can work on it easily even when I'm not at home.  Originally I had planned on making it a brown quilt, but after cutting out a dozen or so orange peels I decided that I had better throw in some rusts and yellows.  There were so many fabrics that I wanted to include, that it was hard to decide what to leave out. 



I sewed the background squares all together first and then basted the orange peels to it.  After that it was easy to simply stitch them on.  I am almost finished with the hand stitching.  I have only seven left to do.



I thought that you might like to see my sewing caddy.  I use it all the time.  It is a black laquered wooden tray with a handle running down the center that divides the tray in to two sections.  I bought it a few years ago from World Market.  I folded up some fabric for temporary liners and it has been that way ever since.  It holds everything I need for hand piecing, applique or quilting.  

Bobbie

No comments:

Post a Comment